Charles went home last night which was hard for me. But he told me before he left that he was going to be talking to his boss, Jeanie, about letting him come back and be with Caitlin and I. He asked me to answer him honestly about wether or not I could emotionally handle him being 2 hours away from Caitlin and I. I told him that I couldn't. Not yet. I'm still on a hormone rollercoaster.
I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't have just given birth under a week ago... but I did. The nurse told me that in order for Caitlin to go home, I might have to stay all night for a few nights in the hospital so that I can get up with her for her feedings. Not a problem for me. But a problem if I were to be alone.
Charles told me then that he was going to talk to Jeanie about him missing another week. If she said that it would be okay, then he would leave right then and there. If she said he was going to have to stay for work, he would leave right then and there... but he wouldn't have a job. So either way, Charles would be back with me by the next morning.
He called me at 7 and told me that Jeanie gave him the go-ahead to stay as long as needed. THANK GOODNESS!!! I cried out of relief! He still has a job and I get to be with him while we're here!
Caitlin has graduated to a crib! Her jaundice went up again, but only a few points, which is to be expected. But otherwise she's feeding as she should and we're making awesome progress with her! We look forward to getting out of here by Saturday! :D
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good Luck. We will keep you in our prayers. Im glad your hubby got to be there with you. I always hate when Garran has to leave me at the hospital to work or go to school. I can only imagine.
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! :)
Post a Comment